kulrathknight

The Misadventures of Erik A.Dolgos

Hi, I'm Erik. I read mostly Science Fiction and Fantasy, sometimes classics. I'll read anything really. Recommend me stuff and I'll love you forever.

Heldenhammer
Graham McNeill
Bleak Seasons: Book One of the Glittering Stone (Chronicles of The Black Company)
Glen Cook
The Guns of August
Barbara W. Tuchman, Robert K. Massie
Zulu Rising
Ian Knight
Three Years' War: October 1899-June 1902
Christiaan Rudolf De Wet
The Brothers Karamazov (Penguin Classics)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, David McDuff
The Republic
Desmond Lee, Plato
The Stand
Stephen King
House of Chains (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #4)
Steven Erikson
The Carnivorous Carnival
Brett Helquist, Lemony Snicket, Michael Kupperman

Divergent

Divergent - Veronica Roth Blah blah blah cast system, blah blah generic characters, blah blah blah limited world building blah blah sub-par romance subplot which was admittedly expected because its YA, and perhaps the worst ending to a book I have ever experienced.

That being said its not all bad. Some interesting concepts are explored, but it they are very brief. I feel like there could have been a lot of things that if changed slightly, would have made for a more interesting book.

The book itself is written simply enough for me to breeze through its 500~ pages in a few hours, but not to simply that I felt my IQ drop as I progressed.

The book is okay, not good, not bad, just okay. I'll probably read the next two books because this one was so easy, and because some resolution would be fantastic.